News and Events Archive
A chance to taste some splendidly aging Nello Olivo wines!
Calling all Nello Olivo wine lovers. On the weekend of March 29-30, 2014, we're opening some rare library wines for you to taste. It's a once-a-year chance to find out how your favorite Nello Olivo wines are aging.
Passport Weekend is a 2-weekend event on April 5,6, & 12,13, 2014. The best El Dorado region wineries put on themed events featuring wine, food, and styled experiences surrounding a chosen best-selling book. It's lots of fun, and in its 14 years has easily become the #1 annual local wine event.
It's March 2014, and Nello Olivo Wines have already been winning GOLD medals in this year's wine competitions. Most wines entered are from the 2011 vintage, being released over the coming months.
Nello says he once dated a girl named Barbara who had fruity characteristics, was medium-bodied and exhibited less acidity than expected.
What serendipity! This describes Nello's newest vintage of Barbera, too!
- Nello Olivo Super Bowl XLVIII Party
- We're Releasing Our Primitivo 2011
- We're Pouring at Santa Barbara's Winter Wine Classic
- Nello Olivo Wins Gold in the First Wine Competition of 2014
- "Merlot is Back" Wine Party Weekend
- Holiday Wine Dinner at Smith Flat House
- Wine Party Weekend PLUS Special Holiday Pricing
- Wine Party Weekend - Toscanello Goes Vertical
- Grapes & Graves Cemetery Tour & Wine Tasting
- Release Party This Weekend
Page 5 of 9
643 Bee Street, Placerville
Tuesday: by appointment
Wednesday: by appointment
We're the closest winery to Hwy 50, at the "corner of" Hwys 50 and 49. Start your wine tour here. We have winery maps!
Favorite Wine Bar
Favorite Best Kept Secret
Favorite Business Person -